Submit your photos
How to upload your images using our online submission form
- Access the online form
- Click the red ‘Register’ button to register with us and open an account. After you have registered, you will receive an email with a link to validate your account. You will be able to access your account only after activating your account. PS: Do check your junk box!
- Once registered, go to the online form again and log in, using the email address and password you have just used to register
- You are now in your account for the Whitstable 365 project.
- You can open or close the tabs by clicking on the green dots displaying + or –.
- To add a photo, click on the grey ‘Add a new photo’ button. Before uploading please make sure that you have carefully read our submission guidelines.
- Type a few words only in the Title box to describe the photo you would like to upload. The title is the information that will be most used when displaying your image, so make it clear and well descriptive.
- You can add a bit more details in the description box. We may not use this as it will depend on how much space will be available wherever it will be shown.
- Click on the red ‘Continue’ button.
- Click on the grey ‘Select file’ button, browse your computer to find the picture that you would like to upload.
- Here, you can change the Title and the Description if you wish.
- If your picture requires a release form:
. tick the Model Release box.
. click on the grey’ Select…’ button to find your file.
- When your photo appears in the thumbnail box, click on the red ‘Save’ button.
- The Photo metadata tab is now open, and that is where you can add your keywords if you wish, but it is not compulsory.
- You can see the Caption, that is automatically created using the date, the title and your name, so you don’t need to do anything here.
- You can also change the date the photo was taken if the displayed information is not correct and if you know what to change it to. Remember you can upload only 2 images for each day, so make sure the date there is the date the photo was taken is correct.
- Your name should appear in the Copyright box; just leave it as it is.
- Click on the red ‘Save Metadata’ button.
- Click on ‘Back to my Account’ button to upload more images.
- Remember you can only submit two pictures maximum for each photographed day. The online system won’t let you upload more than 2.
Note that this tool is for you to send your pictures to us so they land on a server from which we retrieve them. Then we delete them from the server so you will not be able to see them in your account anymore. But they still are in the project…